hoppin chickies

Isnin, 15 April 2013

Do the devils really wear Prada? I wonder....

Assalammualaikum..
Hello :)
Happie day, well, today is my first day at class after my one wonderful week of semester break.
Well, as I look around, I still saw some very sad faces, not ready to be back which this includes me :( I want a longer holiday!!!! Plus my final exam schedule is out!! Goodness, it was super duper pack!! Can you imagine Islamic Jurisprudence, Company Law and Land Law going to be three days in a row...CRAZY!!

But anyway, today I'm not going to talk about the study thingy...Well, today, we going to talk about      .........(drum rollling).......Devils Wear Prada!

Yes, I'm talking about the novel by Lauren Weisberger and the movie starring Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep. The movie is my favourite of all time..Never gets old. NEVER!! So today, I watch it again for a gazillion time and still loving it. But the novel was written by a mortal being and anything created by a mortal being is always imperfect. To you who already watched the movie you will know what's the movie is all about. 
But to those who not yet watch it, I'm going to sum up the movie. Well, it start with Andrea Sachs, an ambitious girl who wants to launch her career as a journalist so she got an interview with Runway, a fashion magazine and she seriously do not have any fashion sense at all.....so the rest is history..you really have to watch it or better read the novel!!

I love this movie, well I already make it clear right? hahahaha anyway, I have a little slight issue with this movie. Which is, they make as if the person who really love to dress up is bad. Why?? You know, Andrea Sachs at first is pictured as an innocent sweet girl and later when she's changed and become more fashionable, the movie as if show that she is moving into a bad side. Well, what so bad about dressing nicely to work or to anywhere else? It will only make you look more presentable and people will take you more seriously. For example, when Andrea Sachs was slobbish with bad hair, Miranda (le boss a.k.a Meryl Streep) just hate her but when she starts to wear the beautiful Chanel Boots and all other designer clothes, Miranda starts to acknowledge her existence and she even call Andrea by her name instead of calling her Emily. Get what I mean? 

To me, dressing up is good as long as you know the right clothes to wear at the right time. You cannot wear a skyscraper stilettos to the wet market right? Or wear tweeds jacket if you are working in a non-air-conditioned room during summer time. During my time in UiTM doing my Foundation in Law, I have to take a subject which have relation to computer thingy, so my lecturer which is a guy once told us that something like, 'You must not step out from your house before you look into the mirror and satisfied with your appearance.' Well said to my opinion. 

so, my point is...owh I know you get what I mean!!







Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan